|at ( view profile)|
|Location||2150 N Victoria Ave, California|
|Date Posted||September 21, 2017|
The Dedicated Team at Prototypes Women's Center in Oxnard is looking for a certified SUD counselor to work with our clients in a fast paced, high energy, social model, residential substance use disorder, and therapeutic community. The facility is a trauma informed, evidence based treatment facility licensed to serve 56 women and 26 children.
The underlying responsibilities for Certified Substance Use Disorders Counselors to the client population include:
- assessment of needs
- care planning
- substance use disorders counseling
- psycho educational group facilitation
- education as needed on a individual basis
- maintenance of accurate and timely electronic health records
Observe and document relevant and required information regarding each client.
Communicate effectively with inter-disciplinary team and participate in team meetings to review cases. Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform successfully in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Current California Substance Abuse Counseling Certification required
- AA/AS Degree Preferred but not required.
- At least two years of experience working with clients in a Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders, Domestic Violence and/or related field.
- Ability to maintain accurate and timely electronic health records - Computer skills a must.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Dependable automobile and insurance, registration and valid California Drivers License.
- Knowledge and respect of all confidentiality issues.
- People oriented.
- Professional and honest.
- Other qualifications may be required according to program and/or contractual needs.
Click HERE to apply