|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Susanville, CA, California|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2017|
We are a leading non-profit treatment center who provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment with over 130 programs across ten states. As we embark on our 50 year anniversary, we are committed to treating the whole person — and their families — with caring, qualified professionals through evidence-based care to teens, adults, and families.
Phoenix Houses of California seek a Journey Counselor at the High Desert State Prison facility in Susanville, CA. Under the supervision of the Phoenix House Program Director, the role will deliver treatment services to individuals in the facilities. Responsibilities will include one-on-one counseling, facilitating groups and workshops, evaluating and documenting the progress of the clients, and developing/implementing a treatment service plan.
*High Desert State Prison is an adult all-male facility.*
**This is a hard-to-fill employee refer eligible role.**
***Please note that we offer a generous SIGN ON INCENTIVE.***
• Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent; and must be certified as an AOD Counselor, with a certification recognized by DHCS
• Practiced at delivering treatment services to clients
• Past involvement in conducting group and individual meetings
• Qualified to work collaboratively with the CDCR and institutional staff
• Ability to participate in all staff meetings to help assess and evaluate all residents’ behavioral patterns and progress, attitudes
• Capability to engage with Phoenix House and correctional staff at all levels and follow up on clients' appointments.
• Skilled to observe and evaluate clients, and relate all information for clinical application and client records