Substance Abuse Counselor

at Twin Town Treatment Centers (view profile)
Location Orange and LA County, CALIFORNIA
Date Posted September 25, 2017
Category Default
Job Type Part-time


Job Qualifications:

Minimum of a certificate in alcohol and other drug studies field. Certified or registered as an SUD Counselor. If in recovery, a minimum of 2 years abstinence. The SUD Counselor provides counseling and case management services to clients seeking SUD treatment including screening, assessment, treatment planning, group counseling and individual counseling sessions as needed. Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to all six sites as needed.

Knowledge of:

Substance use treatment modalities

Assessment, diagnosis and individualized treatment planning

Individual and Group therapy approaches

Crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques

Signs and symptoms of detoxification/withdrawal

Documentation as it relates to treatment planning process

Stages of change and ability to individualize treatment plans

Motivational interviewing techniques

Clinical interventions to deal with resistance and defensiveness

Discharge planning that supports client progress and readiness

Basic computer skills

Experience with Drug MediCal requirements is a plus


Essential Functions:

Participate in a unified team approach, conduct group counseling sessions, conduct individual counseling sessions as needed, conduct screenings, assessments and referrals, maintain accurate, complete and timely program records, monitor and document participant’s program progress, perform drug testing urinalysis specimen collection and screening as required, perform other duties. Although the position is part time, per diem counselors will have the opportunity to increase the number of hours they work with willingness and flexibility to travel to all six sites located in both Orange and LA County. Case management and documentation using an electronic medical record system.


Education and Experience: 

At least one year of professional experience providing direct services for alcohol and drug treatment, certification in substance abuse treatment or working toward certification (CATCi, CATC, CADC, RADT, etc).


License & Certification:

Must pass criminal background check through Live Scan, current CPR certification, current TB screening, proof of completion of an alcohol and drug studies program, resume, reliable transportation, able to pass a drug screen.


Other Opportunities:

Twin Town also has positions available for interns currently enrolled in an alcohol and drug studies program who need to complete volunteer hours for fieldwork. Our goal is to hire our interns after they have been fully trained and have completed their intern hours.


Contact: Debbie Muehl CATC-II 562-596-0050 x200

Only registered members can apply for jobs.