|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||November 6, 2017|
College Community Services is a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) certified site that offers tax-free loan repayment assistance to support qualified health care providers who choose to take their skills where they’re most needed. As a participant employer, licensed health care providers may earn up to $50,000 toward student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment at an NHSC-approved site.
You can get more information on National Health Service Corps (NHSC) loan repayment program via this link: https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/loanrepaymentprogram.html
Pathways by Molina (College Community Services) is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as Substance Abuse Counselor.
Manages and coordinates the substance abuse clinical/program modalities. Participates in program structure/design with therapeutic supervisor and provides clinical evaluation, treatment planning and individual and group counseling.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Provides individual, family and group counseling to adults and adolescents with substance abuse problems
• Determines causal relationship between substance addiction, socio-economic factors and personality traits
• Designs and implements treatment plans identifying goals to be achieved
• Coordinates with other treatment team members when specialized services required
• Works cooperatively with community agencies in the coordination of rehabilitation services for clients
• Counsels family members of clients to provide emotional support and provide information
• Reviews case records and refers clients to medical or psychiatric services as appropriate
• Leads client group utilizing accepted therapy mode, group therapy techniques and basic skills training
• Participates in utilization review activities
• Participates in the evaluation of counseling methods for the effective treatment of substance abuse related problems
• Prepares correspondence and reports as required
• Properly documents client’s progress on charts
• Assists in coordinating and synchronizing substance abuse and service plan issues
• Meets with clinicians to report observations and reactions to clients and to review clients progress
• Identify and build upon the strengths of consumers, coworkers, and the communities we serve.
• Support consumers’ steps towards Recovery and Wellness.
• Create an organizational culture that respects and celebrates the diversity of our consumers.
• Value learning as an ongoing process that enables us to better service our consumers and establishes our leadership in the industry.
• Research and utilize our industry’s best practices and analyze our own services to ensure the best possible outcomes.
• Requires a current Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor in California.
• Community clinic, psychiatric hospital or residential placement experience required and knowledge of rehabilitation philosophy preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills, and organization skills required.
• Several years’ experience as a Substance Abuse Counselor. Knowledge of rehabilitation philosophy required.
• Basic typing and PC skills required.
Pathways by Molina is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSAs, vacation, sick, basic and optional life insurance, EAP, 401k (100% match for the 1st 4% employee contribution/immediate vesting) and an Employee Stock Purchase.
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic
Link to apply: http://careers.pathwayshealth.com/careers-1/posting/7813/CCS_Mojave.html?return=