|at ( view profile)|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||September 24, 2017|
The SUD Counselor provides counseling and case management services to clients requesting SUD treatment, including screening, assessment, referrals to treatment, group counseling and individual counseling sessions as needed.
- Participate in a unified team approach to the provision of SUD treatment.
- Conduct individual counseling sessions.
- Conduct screenings, assessments and referrals.
- Conduct group counseling sessions.
- Conduct client education sessions.
- Maintain accurate, complete, timely and legible program records.
- Monitor and document participant’s program compliance.
- Performs drug testing urinalysis specimen collections and screening as required.
- Provide case management services in client’s homes, treatment settings, and other community locations.
- Participate in Court meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least one year of professional experience providing direct, indirect, or support services for alcohol and drug programs dealing with individual recovery or alcohol and drug problem reduction.
- Certification in substance abuse treatment, or working toward certification (CADC, CAADAC, CASS, etc.).
- Experience with clients with co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse, required.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Must pass criminal background check through, Live Scan fingerprinting, FBI and Department of Justice
- Must have CPR certification or be willing to acquire on the job.
- Must be free of debarment.
- ECS requires pre-hire medical clearance including drug/alcohol and TB screening.